*2017 band positions have not been announced as yet*
- Give yourself enough time in the morning of Carnival day to get down to the parade route!
- Secure your wristband prior to the parade and ensure you wear it at ALL TIMES as there will be a strict wristband policy in effect
- Be extremely careful around all parade vehicles e.g. music trucks, bar trucks, etc.
- Drink responsibly.
- Do not drink and drive. Designate a Driver.
- Drink lots of water through the day to avoid dehydration.
- Sun block is you saviour, use it well, and take it with you to re-apply as often as necessary.
- Use Chap Stick or Lip Balm.
- Sunglasses always come in handy.
- Leave your valuables at home e.g. expensive jewellery.
- Only carry necessary cash on you e.g. “vex money”
- Always wear your pouch to the front.
- Always move around in groups.
- Cut all toe nails before taking to the road. Wear comfortable sneakers. We suggest you wear a ½ size bigger than what you would normally wear, so you can ‘chip’ to the music all day long.
- Arrange a specific meeting point with your friends within the band in case you get lost. E.g. the right side of the second DJ truck. Remember, there are thousands of masqueraders in costume, and you may get separated at least once.
- Be sure not to mix medication with alcohol.